Monday, March 22, 2010

For the Love of Water



It was finally time to say "good-bye" to the my Brita filter I have had since college. It was getting gross even after bleaching it numerous times. So when it came time to make a trip to Target, a new pitcher was the first thing on our list. I will drink tap water, but its not my favorite thing and I am not high maintenance enough to only drink bottled water. So a water filter pitcher is the perfect option.

While browsing Target I saw this Pur Filter pitcher that came with flavor cartridges. Living with a fiancee that is addicted to fruit juice (and sometimes soda), this seemed like a good option. The flavor cartridges are sugar free, no calories, and have no artificial coloring, I didn't knows what was actually in it, but it seemed appealing on the label.

The minute we got home we washed and used it, the flavoring does taste good, and it flavors the water without flavoring the whole pitcher. This seemed like a good money saving option to all the fruit juice we buy.

So what is the catch then? After doing some research, it contains sucralose(Splenda), which I am not a fan of. When googled sucralose is a chemical substance used as a sugar subsitute; however, the body does not know how to metabolize it. Also one of the main components of sucralose is chlorine. Why would I consume the same toxic substance that is used in pools to kill bacteria? Yes, I know it is small doses but still....

At least having a new pitcher is nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment