Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Court's Mashed Sweet Potatoes



One of my favorite veggies is Sweet Potatoes! Not only are they delicious, but they have many vitamins and minerals that are good for you too. They contain fiber, much Vitamin A, Beta-Carotene, Lutein, Vitamin B6, and Folate among many other vitamins.

For this recipe I used my friends Sara and Kristin as taste testers. I think they were rather pleased, and I kept the recipe healthy!

How to make the sweet potatoes: (serving size: 4)

2 large sweet potatoes or 3 medium sized sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
2 table spoons maple syrup
2 shakes of Cinnamon

First for this recipe, I peeled the skin off the potatoes and discarded of it. I then cut the potatoes into chunks and boiled them for about 15 minutes or until soft.

Next, combined the sweet potatoes, sweetened condensed milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon into a bowl and mixed for about two minutes until smooth and creamy. Then they are ready to serve, its really that easy!

The reason I used the sweetened condensed milk was to add some creaminess and sweetness to the sweet potatoes. I used the Maple Syrup to also add sweetness and it also offers many antioxidants and is high in vitamins, Manganese and Zinc. Cinnamon has a reputation to cure colds, has been used to treat digestive issues, has antimicrobial properties, and is also high in antioxidants. What a healthy side dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment