Thursday, August 12, 2010

Zucchini Bread


This Recipe is for Zucchini bread made even healthier. I used to love when my mom made it for me as a kid.

Ingredients:
2 cups shredded zucchini
1.5 cups All-Purpose Flour
1.5 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1.4 Cups Sugar
1/3 cup Canola Oil
2/3 cup unsweetened Organic Applesauce
2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
3 Eggs

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Sift all both types of flour, baking soda, baking Powder, and Cinnamon in a bowl and set aside
3. Beat Eggs, Oil, Applesauce, and sugar in another large bowl until well mixed and creamy
4. Slowly combine dry ingredients into the creamy mixture and beat for another minute or until well mixed
5. Add Zucchini to mixture
6. Pour into a buttered or sprayed loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes

I added the whole wheat flour for the health benefits to this recipe; however, if you make it all with whole wheat flour, then the taste isn't as smooth

I also used Canola oil instead of Vegetable Oil since it has far less Saturated fat and I substituted the rest of the oil for the applesauce which cuts both fat and calories.

In addition, I put less sugar in because the applesauce is sweet naturally.

My verdict on this recipe is: Doesn't taste exactly like mom's zucchini bread, but tastes pretty close. I could not tell much of a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment