Monday, April 5, 2010

Kaeng Raeng Cleanse: Day 1




After eating non-stop all weekend, this cleanse couldn't come at a more perfect time. My motivation for trying the cleanse is because after I studied abroad in France, I did not crave or want any processed foods for about 6 months. I wanted to get back to that point where I didn't find the processed foods appealing so I decided to do a detox/cleanse.

I found the cleanse through a health newsletter I subscribe to. Unlike some cleanses you actually can eat food, only raw fruits and veggies that is. It seemed to be the most reasonable cleanse and it is all natural. This is the website for more information: http://www.kaengraeng.com/. I tried the three day beginners cleanse, I think the 6-day cleanse is a little excessive for me just starting out, maybe next time.

I was a little nervous getting everything together this morning, what if I am starving, what if I have to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes.

9:30 am: This morning I did the daybreak package of mix that came from Kaeng Raeng and I put that into a blender with a container of non-fat plain Greek yogurt, 1 medium-sized banana, a few strawberries, and about 1/2 a cup of soy milk (I eyeballed it). It actually does taste pretty good and is surprisingly very filling. Ok I think we can make it three days

11:45 am: I am seriously craving salt and carbs. I could really go for either cheese and crackers or chicken noodle soup right now. I guess the whole point of this cleanse is to ease the addiction of salt. Hopefully I last through the whole 3 days without breaking!

12:00 pm: I tried to cure the salt craving with fresh slices of red bell pepper, it seemed ok, at least enough to hold me over. It helps I am at work and can only eat what I brought to work for lunch. I also had my afternoon shake mix, this time I mixed it with milk. It tasted good, but is a bit grainy, I felt like I was drinking a cup of blackberry seeds.

2:00 pm: I decided to go for the salad I brought. I made the salad with baby fresh spinach, shredded carrots, sliced strawberries, and avocado slices. The dressing was just an orange I cut up and squeezed the juice for dressing. It was actually a quite refreshing salad and I think the a avocados and strawberries really went well together, I will have to make it again.

4:00 pm: I am craving sandwich, I don't know if I can make it three days without carbs. Instead of a sandwich, I am going to have blueberry green tea, it sounds weird but is delicious, and hopefully it will take my mind off of the carbs.

7:00 pm: Ate my salad and cheated by putting a dab of low-sodium soy sauce on it. Soy sauce on salad might sound weird, but after my cravings today, it was so delicious.

8:00 pm: Drank my smoothie and it was rather delicious and very filling. Tim tempted me to eat Sour Patch Kid Jelly Beans (the best jelly beans I have ever had), and I even managed to turn him down without temptation on that offer.

I also did not have use the restroom every 5 minutes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment